Somebody stop me!!!!!

Chickenaddict

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
East Bethel MN
Ok i just placed an order for more baby chicks and here is why.... I had a broody serama hen sit on 3 cochin eggs, out of the 3 eggs 2 hatched. I put the first hatch under another broody hen who hatched out 10 seramas. The babies were only 2 days old at the time. I woke up the next morning to find the baby cochin dead (the hen had killed it). The serama hen still had one egg left to hatch so i left it under her rather than trying to put it in with the serama babies and having that hen kill this one as well. Now my dilema is i feel bad for the lone cochin baby under the broody by itself, I tested her by taking a few serama babies and setting them in with her to see if she would turn on them like the other hen did and she didn't, she took them right in with no problems. They wouldn't stop crying for their "real mama" so i put them back where they were. I was thinking i could order a few chicks from ideal to keep the lone cochin baby company. Too late to turn back now order is already placed. Do you think that the serama hen will accept the new little ones when they get here or am i running a risk of her turning on them because the lone cochin will be about a week old by the time i get the new ones? I ordered all banties.... 4 blrw, 4 ameraucanas, 2 red frizzled cochins, 2 blue quail belgian d anvers. Good lord am i in for a heck of a ride here lol!

MORE MORE MORE~
bun.gif

LOL yah more that are gonna have to stay inside over winter, I have 3 more eggs due to hatch under another broody serama on monday next week so 3+10+1+12=26 fuzzy butts!!!! Yikes. I never thought they would be sooo addicting

Edited to add.... Thank god for lots of garage space!!!

Last edited:
It's easy just say nooooo!
barnie.gif
Do not let that hen sit. Don't put thoes eggs in that incubator. Put the phone down!!! Don't call that hatchery!! You can do it!!

See it's easy. And as soon as my silkie hatches out these 5 eggs I'm done. No really I am done. Well till March or so.
th.gif

Are we ever really truly done??? LOL I plan on playing with my bators all fall/winter. When I can't ship no more I will harvest from the ladies here. I use the excuse of "It's educational".
lau.gif
And I have 4 empty chicken coops/runs.......so sad..

But to be honest that is a bunch of excuses.....for more fuzzy butts around!
gig.gif

Agreed!!!
big_smile.png
MORE MORE MORE!!! I have 40+ already and 15 eggs in my new bator. It's mt first time hatching my own eggs, so I took some of my own girls eggs, hopefully ALL are fertile, but I doubt it!! Once I hatch these ones I will probably order some from someone. CANT WAIT!!!! I'm gonna end up in checken rehab!!! LOL

Quote:
Too late orders already been processed lol as far as the hen thats sitting her eggs are due to hatch monday and she is my incubator, very cost efficient one at that lol. Glad to see i'm not the only one suffering from this said chicken addiction. Isn't it fun
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom