Someone brought their non-service poople into the grocery store!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DianeB, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DianeB

DianeB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    I am not sure if this will strick up a debate. Some people seem to think that it is okay to bring their non-service dog into the store. I don't.

Today, I went to the store and someone brought in their little poodle mix. She was young, healthy and the dog did not have any special collar or sign denoting that it was a service dog. There were clerks walking around everywhere and no one bother to ask if it was a service dog or tell her to leave. I didn't want to start anything. So, I waited until I got through line (she was right behind me) and hoped the clerk would say something to her. All she said was "Cute dog! Is it a poodle?". What??? I turned around and told her she is not suppose to bring dogs into the store. She just huffed and snootily told me that was my opinion. My opinion!!! No, it is the law.

There use to be a very large sign on the doors that stated only service animals are allowed in the store. Ever since they chaged management, that sign has been taken down. Also, the store has just gone down period.

I called the corporate office. I told them what happened. They reassured me that it was against company policy to allow non-service animals in the store.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. It seems like everyone around here thinks it is okay to bring animals into the store.

Should I bring my chickens into the store and allow them to poop everywhere!?!?

I am not sure if I should go back to the store. What does everyone else think about this? Anyone else have problems with people bringing non-service animals into stores and restaurants?

DB

2. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i dont know...i would think that a dog would make less of a mess and make a whole lot less noise than a group of kids! [​IMG]

i figure that as long as its not using the bathroom everywhere or howling, its no big deal. its not going to kill anyone or anything.

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Yes, and since most grocery stores have a DELI in which they prepare food, it is a big no-no. The employees did not say anything?

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Your title really threw me - they brought a poople!?! Poodle, okay.

I've seen people bring non-service dogs into Lowes lots of times, but a grocery store! That was presumptuous of her!

5. DianeB

DianeB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    No, not one thing. It was also near the deli section. This is the first time I ever confronted anyone personally about bringing their pet into a store. Most of the time I tell a clerk or manager. Usually, they just blow me off. No wonder people think Modesto is a dirty place!

6. tailsnfeathers

tailsnfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Newberry,Fl
    Dogs are cleaner then some people![​IMG]

7. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Then there are purse pooch owners who thing just because the dog fits in their bag, it's okay to bring it in the store.

One of these days, I am going to get a big bag and cut 4 holes in it and walk Maggie into a store wearing the bag. What's the difference?

One of my son's friends is at film school. He likes the idea of filming it.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I hav enever seen one in a grocery store, but see them all the time at Target.....

9. chicksalot

chicksalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2008
    WI
    I say food stores...not good practice. [​IMG] Non-food stores, if the dog is under control & non threatening to others...ok. [​IMG] That's my thought.

10. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:[​IMG] Make sure to take a picture!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by