Someone crowed!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SterlingAcres, Nov 29, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Finally. 16 weeks in the making and one of my 4 cockerels is crowing. Err-err-err-err-errrrrrrrr. Scared me senseless when I was feeding the turkey this morning! LOL

Now I have to find out who.

2. chickenma

chickenma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Goodluck with the crowing. I don't think it will take long before you find him.
    [​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Ah, the sweet sound of crowing. That is a sound I treasure. My one roo, as soon as I open the coop, he takes 2 steps out the door and let's one out. So cute! Enjoy Shellie. [​IMG]

Jody

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wish my wife could tolerate it.

Are there any non-crowing roos?

I love to know.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:You're funny!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I love their crowing. Makes me feel like I'm home for some reason. Suede announces us every time we drive up to the house in that weird deep werewolf howl of his.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i have a 'werewolf' also....LOVE it!

congrats on the crowing....it is the coolest!

8. Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Wetumpka
    Crowing Rocks
    I got a Black Rosecomb bantam that sounds off like an irish tenor. He is the 1st one in the morning. He starts up while still on the roost.

Then the BR roo comes in like a nice baritone.

I'm waiting on my 4 RIR roos to hit it now. RIRs are one of my favorite crowers.

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well, I found my crowers.... My EE...'pullet'. Still looks very much female to me and comb's half the size and color of my other EE's, but Cho is crowing regardless. The big beautiful er-er-er-errr-errrrr crow.

As I was watching for the original crower (which was Cho), I discovered another. Er-errr-errrrr. One of my Buff Orp cockerels is also crowing.

So, that leaves me looking for 6 minimum EE pullets for my 3 EE boys. #[email protected]%#$%#[email protected]%#$ LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by