Someone dumped a rooster.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Oct 27, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Right on the other side my coops fence. So we caught him, thinking he got out, checked with everyone within 5 blocks on all sides that has chickens and he isn't theirs.

[​IMG]

So now he is free ranging with the horses and goats as I don't want to put him with the flock in case he has something. Poor thing! He's kinda ugly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Aww poor guy. [​IMG] I think he is a pretty guy [​IMG]

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I need a better picture before I can judge his looks. lucky you?

4. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    People are such jerks. Poor guy. My rooster is driving me nuts and I really want to find a good home for him, but I would never DREAM of ditching him anywhere.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad! But I'm glad he found you!

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    As if stray dogs and cats aren't bad enough...... I hope he is healthy if you decide to keep him.

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    wow how sad. i often wonder how often this kind of stuff happens. (people dumping their chickens onto others yard etc.)?

8. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Poor little roo...why do people just dump animals!!! We rescued 'dumped' chickens this summer. Someone dumped them on our country road. What is wrong with people...

9. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

My neighbor decided to try to raise chickens last spring but later changed his mind and sold his flock...all but 1 rooster who now lives in my trees and hangs around my coops all day. He is a big Rhode Island red and meannnnn! I have enough roos, I don't need another! I love it when people think that just because you have chickens that you automatically want and extras they may have! [​IMG]

10. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Wow some people are mean. At least he has a temp. home with you.I might be moving myself but I would not leave ANY one of my birds behind or put them out on their own.I didnt work my butt off and give love to everyone of them just to dump one like a nothing! Hope he does ok and maybe you can find owner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by