someone dumped ducks off in my muscovy pen

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pidgey104, Jun 30, 2010.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Well someone drove up in the middle of the night and dropped off some ducks my yard. I went out to feed this morning and I had 5 blue ducks running around in the muscovy pen. I'm going to get pictures of them this weekend so maybe you guys can tell me what they are. They also dumped off a little duckling and they threw a few blue pools over the fence. LOL Free pools !!! I'm think they are blue swidish but not sure. it looks like there is one drake and the rest hens.

2. lnm03

lnm03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    at least they give you ducks.....someone is taking my ducks!!! [​IMG] I have to LOCK my pen!!!

3. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Oh my goodness--I hope they are all healthy. And they left the pools--that is just too funny. Hope you end up liking them?

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Wow, that's like dropping a baby off on someone's doorstep in a little cradle.....only it's ducks and their pools! LOL

5. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    I had a litter of Chesapeake Bay Retrievers once...came home one day and there was a red bone hound puppy in with my pups. I walked around the neighborhood until I found the house that had hound dogs. Yep it was theirs...it had gotten out of their pen, someone found it and dropped it over the fence at my house! Really funny at the time.

6. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I had the same thig happen a while back. someone dropped off a white call drake. I still ahve him he has paired up with my pekin drake LOL

7. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    I would like someone to dump off 2 female call ducks, any color, in my yard please!
    [​IMG]

8. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry, I know that could be totally inconvienant, not too mention worrisome in terms of disease, but leaving the pools? That is just too much!!! LOL.

9. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:[​IMG]

They must make quite the couple! [​IMG]

10. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    Well I know there have to be some mixed feelings about the person who 'dumped' the ducks. But I guess the two positives were the pools and the fact that they must have thought you looked like a 'good' duck owner. It will be fun to see pictures. Hope it all has a happy ending one way or another.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by