Someone help me please im very worried!!

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
So my cousin lended me a rooster,I put him in a cage and I had another rooster who escaped but I haven't seen him in a week and he came back and they fought but since the other one was in the cage he broke of his spurs literally both I need some help how can I heal him he's very hurt and super agresive he won't let me grab him please help me someone
IMAG0867.jpg

Is he bleeding? You can use styptic powder or cornstarch to stop bleeding. You need to use a towel to immobilize him and keep you both from getting hurt, over his head will help. You can use gauze and pressure to stop bleeding too. Vetericyn or something similar can help him heal and prevent infection.

You need to be calm when you handle him, he will feed off your anxiety.

Ok if he's not actively bleeding I'd clean him up and keep an eye on him to make sure no infection sets in. He will be ok, people remove their spurs and they do just fine it's just not usually from a fight.

Do use a towel though, probably best to remove him from the cage while it's dark, he possibly won't fight you so hard then. Good luck!

If they are still bleeding you will need to apply some blood stop powder or corn starch to get the bleeding stopped. Sometimes they can bleed quite a bit. Once stopped you can apply some plain neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment. If reopening or pecking is a risk then you may need to wrap them, but I usually don't. They usually heal up fine, but do keep an eye out for infection, though that is rare.
http://www.backyardchickentalk.com/broken-spurs-and-its-not-a-western-show/

If they are still bleeding you will need to apply some blood stop powder or corn starch to get the bleeding stopped. Sometimes they can bleed quite a bit. Once stopped you can apply some plain neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment. If reopening or pecking is a risk then you may need to wrap them, but I usually don't. They usually heal up fine, but do keep an eye out for infection, though that is rare.
http://www.backyardchickentalk.com/broken-spurs-and-its-not-a-western-show/
okay thank you I'll see what I got

Ok if he's not actively bleeding I'd clean him up and keep an eye on him to make sure no infection sets in. He will be ok, people remove their spurs and they do just fine it's just not usually from a fight.

Do use a towel though, probably best to remove him from the cage while it's dark, he possibly won't fight you so hard then. Good luck!
Alright thanks for the advicr

Back
Top Bottom