Someone insulted my chickens!!! :(

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hypnojessi, Apr 15, 2007.

1. hypnojessi

hypnojessi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2007
    Troy, MO
    My brother in law came over to the house and thank goodness I wasn't there because if I was I probably would have lit into him. But my husband (who brother this is) said he dropped by and saw my nearly feathered chicks.... AND HE SAID THE BROWN ONE WAS UGLY!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

Here are some pics of Henrietta the yellow buff orp and Lily the brown Americana. Lily is the one he said was ugly. I was shocked and appalled by this. For one, I think they are a cute as ever and I know they will grow up to be very pretty ladies. How DARE he!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How could anyone call these cute babies UGLY!!!

However on a nicer note, I'm finishing my coop tomorrow and my new babies will be moved out there within the week. [​IMG]

2. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Well Hummmph! Chicken poo on your BIL! I think she's cute! My EE was the scruffiest looking of my chicks when she was just feathering and she's the prettiest now (Shhhh! Don't tell the other two I said that!). He's gonna be eating his words for that comment and if you're smart, he'll eat his words and not Lily's eggs!

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    JERK! [​IMG] he must be blind. Your ladies ARE beautiful. ESPECIALLY Lily!

Some people just don't get it! My sister told me my dog (a choc lab) was ugly. Ok, now SOME labs have big, blocky bodies, and I've always found them uh.. somewhat unattractive myself. But Annie is slim with beautiful, expressive eyes and a super-shiny coat. Nothing ugly about her. Or maybe my sister used the expression 'weird looking'. LOL!

Never mind BIL. As Backyard Buddies said, No eggs for him!!

4. The Laird

The Laird Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2007
    Kendall, NY
    Maybe he should go back and look at a picture of himself when he was a gawky teenager!

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:[​IMG]

I think she is very pretty....Just waite till you get those great eggs....maybe envite him to breakfast one time...andmake sure you let him know....you are useing STORE BOUGHT eggs for him...you wouldnt want him to eat any " ugly chicken" eggs![​IMG]

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I think all chicks go through a gawky ugly stage. Even my silkies do. [​IMG]

Then again, I'm one of those that doesn't think all newborn babies are cute, too. [​IMG]

7. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    You didn't hunt him down after that one?? NO EGGS for him! Geeez.......dumb dumb.....LOL

8. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    SIMPLY SHOCKING!!! I think she is lovely! You can see she will grow into a beautiful bird!! Poo on him!

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Glad you weren't there..he never would've made it out alive...
    He obviously doesn't know cute if it hit him in the face.
    To quote Seinfeld's Soup Nazi,"No eggs for You!"

10. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think Naked Necks are cute so go figure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by