Someone is not pulling their weight around here.

Wildsky

Wild Egg!
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
California
ep.gif

SANY0749.jpg

Hehehehe soooo cute. I've yet to get a fart egg.
Maybe your hen had a hot date with a handsome roo and just didn't have time to put the effort into a full sized egg?

Wildsky:
Was this a new layer? I think I had one of those today myself, but I wasn't sure if it was poopies so I didn't even pick it up. I have a few birds that could be laying. Is it true they start that small and get larger>?
Thanks
Christina

Last edited:
Quote:
It's true that they start small and get bigger, but even an older hen can lay one as small as the one wildsky got. A pullet egg (first eggs from a new layer) are smaller, but not usually that small. Those like pictured are called fart eggs or wind eggs.

big_smile.png
I have to figure out WHO produced it, I doubt it was a new layer, I only have one little hen thats of that age, and I believe her eggs will be lighter.

These LAZY girls have been laying since feb.

On the bright side my kids think its the cutiest thing, I almost STEPPED ON it, it was not in the nest box - so someone was in a hurry, or coughed.

Last edited:
Quote:
I want to keep it, but seriously if I tried to blow that thing out I'd probably swallow it. I am thinking I might just let it kinda DRY out.

Back
Top Bottom