someone just tried to buy my silkies to eat :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkielover5, Nov 8, 2011.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    i posted a showgirl cock on craigslist and someone respond asking if i had silkies for sale. i said i might have 3, 3 month old white silkies for sale i sent him pictures of parents and of them. . he responded by saying "if their only 3 months they must be pretty small still then...i guess i could try and fatten them up by christmas. how much for the 3?" i responded by saying i changed my mind and that ill have some for sale in the spring if he is still interested. i know this doesnt mean he wanted to eat them but we have alot of people around here thats its their custome to eat their black meat on christmas. and im not willing for my show quality silkie babys to become a christmas feast when i was thinking about keeping them tell spring to sell to familys at my 4h fair...to me thats a way better fate then going on the table

2. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I always Say an awful lot to spend for wingdings --and up the price -- No one buys lol

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    silkies are a part of hmong food.they are noted for their medicinal value.

4. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I know what you mean... I wouldn't want my silkies to go for dinner either... BUT, I have seen some yummy looking silkie recipes...

5. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

i would put in your ad that they are "show/pet quality only , and I will stop at nothing to make sure they are not used for meat"
    sounds over the top , and you may not need to "stop at nothing to make sure" but with such a strong verbage it will keep the hungry ones away lol. who would bother even calling for a bird to eat that had such a nutty owner lol , works for me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by