Someone please tell my wife

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ridgefire, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    that I am not going overboard with the coop and barn upgrade. [​IMG]

I am renting a trencher.

I want to upgrade the power to the barn and I figured while I have a trench cut from the house to the barn I might as well add a few extras. [​IMG]

I figure I would run a water line, cable, phone line and computer line, and a gas line.

Now I'm not hooking this all up at once. I figure while the hole is there now is the time to add this stuff.

Water she agrees with, she doesn't like having to drag a hundred feet of hose to water her flowers.

Power, well I sort of have her convinced I need 220 out there.

Well cable you just never know how long that game is going to run over. [​IMG]

Phone line she agrees with too, our cordless doesn't work very well out there.

I figured I would run computer line in case I ever install a web cam in the coop. But that one might take some more convincing.

Gas line so I can finally heat my barn.

Oh and there's the vinyl siding I'm currently putting up on the coop, and the privacy fence I still need to get so you cant see the run from the street or the neighbors.

I really don't see her problem. [​IMG]

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Don't forget the intercom so you can keep an ear out for trouble while you sleep. [​IMG]

3. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    OMG! Why can't my husband be more like you!!!???! I'd LOVE for him to do stuff like that...but NOOO he wants to spend money on bows n arrows & guns...ahh whatever. We have a nice bartering system...I buya dog, he buys a gun, I buy an incubator & eggs, he buys some arrows & upgrades his bow, etc, etc.

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I don't see her problem, either...you're a keeper! [​IMG]

Skip's an over-builder also and I can't wait to turn him loose when we move out to the family farm!!! [​IMG]

Dawn

5. Bird Hearder

Bird Hearder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Salisbury, Md.
    Keep your eye's peeled for new member "Cyber Chicken", It's all good, he's here to check out the Chicks.[​IMG]

6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Lucky girl....I can't complain, I got a good one too, we're beginning work on the outside coop today (sunshine finally).

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Hahaha thats so familiar, except George buys more stuff for the harley.Latest example. I willget some ameraucanas eggs next week so he had to buy cable covers

8. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Want to switch places with my husband? I'd take you in a second!

9. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I see no problem at all with what your doing..
    I read your post to hubby and he agreed. Nothing wrong with doing it right the first time...

Now if he would just take the same attitude and do that here...hahaha

Actually he said he is only going to build our pens once. So they are actually pretty big. A lot larger than what we need at the moment. But that always just leaves room for exspanding...
    I would love for him to put in the hydrent so we don't have to lug water buckets through the barn...

Again...See nothing wrong with how you planning/doing your constuction....

10. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Dosen't sound unreasonable to me!!!!!! May as well add a fridge while your at it!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by