Someone remind me please, re: Lady Amherst (and young Golden) noise?

Enjaytoo

Songster
10 Years
Sep 8, 2009
Tempe
It's been a few years since I've had Amherst's and quite frankly I have forgotten if they make the loud "screech" like the Golden's during the breeding season? I have a quad of 09's.

On a related note, have your first year Goldens screeched? I dont' remember my (first year Golden) doing it last year but now that I have a "few"
wink.png
more, I'd like to arrange them in pens accordingly (to make my neighbors happier
big_smile.png
)

Thanks!

Quote:
I didn't know lady amherst screeched, i was thinking of getting some golden pheasant hatching eggs this spring i hope they dont screetch as i have neighbors nearby. Maybe they screetched because they were startled or something scared them.

Quote:
I didn't know lady amherst screeched, i was thinking of getting some golden pheasant hatching eggs this spring i hope they dont screetch as i have neighbors nearby. Maybe they screetched because they were startled or something scared them.

Goldens do have a high pitched screech during breeding season...I just can't remember if first year Golden's tend to do it as much or any (their first spring)....

My first year goldens do not screech yet but I anticipate it by summer. My first year amhersts do but it is very infrequently and they are not very loud. My first year peacocks honk like geese lol The adults are all noisy- goldens more so than my amhersts and it doesn't matter to mine if it's breeding season or not. My thought is if the neighbors can't tolerate the noise then they shouldn't be living by a farm but then again I can sleep right through a rooster crowing outside my window... lol

Quote:
Thanks ninejw... So in regards to (just adults), you have found that in general the Amhersts were quieter during breeding season? When you said noisy, do they (amherst) actually make the "screech" like the Goldens or is a different noise (aside from the typical hissing etc)? I've looked all over (youtube etc), posted here
fl.gif
and still cant find a good example of the breeding sounds of Amhersts. I guess I might be a tad overly obsessive with finding answers when I get something in my head
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom