Someone should have Warned me! (broody wyandottes)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Bleenie, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I had NO Idea that Wyandottes were so broody!! We had them in the past and never had one go broody on us but they were also older girls...

One of my Buff Wyandotte hens began broodin with oen of my Muscovy hens about 2 months after she started laying and just yesterday I realized that ANOTHER one of my Buff Wyandotte girls is broody!! [​IMG] Just absolutely dead set on it evil-looking broody! of course she had to do it in the very top box but i went ahead and picked out some eggs for her anyway and let her have her way. I am really happy with the babyes that hatched last week from my girls & BLRW roo so hopefully i'll get some more little red wyandotte-looking chicks.

I really wasn't expecting this though and am now feeling dumb for ordering 8 more Buffs(due July 17th!). [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    i absolutely love broody hens---[​IMG]---i just love to see natural born little chicks with their moms learning the the ropes and rules of chickendom..[​IMG]....[​IMG]...[​IMG]..[​IMG]...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by