Someone STOLE my photo!!! ANYONE SPEAK FRENCH?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 18, 2010.

1. morlan75

morlan75 In the Brooder

Jun 16, 2010
    Gower
    Really BAD when your photo's get stolen Ive had to watermark and had to literally pay to copyright quite a few of mine I even stopped for awhile going on forums because one was nicking my pictures without a care can you belive! and quite abit of trouble started over it [​IMG]
    It's a must you take them to task over it because it is theft and sooooo annoying!

2. So long as no one uses anything of mine for their own gain, without my permission, while taking credit... I don't care really...

I do try when I borrow a pick to say "here's an example" and not in ANY way say I Took This because taking credit for someone else's work is a pet peeve. These guys, clearly, are just taking whatever pics they find and running with them... not cool.

I'll do my part to keep this thread active... others may very well recognize a photo... if the get enough emails maybe they'll realize they were caught and will move on... is there a Quebec Computer Crimes thing or anything that maybe this could be report to (by ALL the victims of theft?)... might help but I've not a clue.

3. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

i cant believe some people. the least they could do is say where they got the pics

4. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

get any response from the French stealers yet?

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sometimes the background of the photo can give someone an idea if it is the same barn or property of the owner. When you have too many photos of chickens with different background, different trees, wirings, set ups, something is up! You would know someone is peeling photos off the internet.

As for me, I don't care who uses my photos but I would take pictures that shows consisentency in the background to the person who is questioning about my birds or someone else's birds but not the same set up.

6. Quote:Nope, none...

7. And all of the stolen photos are still on there...I did email the two people I found who has had their pictures stolen by these people to give them a head's up...but no response from them, either...

8. Firearia

Firearia Songster

I speak French if you need me to help! [​IMG]

9. lostsoulhelpmejebus

lostsoulhelpmejebus Incubating Fool

Sep 23, 2008
    Roanoke, Illinois
    Quote:Wonderful you are willing to offer assistance to a fellow member!!! [​IMG]
    Very comforting to be aware there are still people in this world willing to help/assist others, great that it occurs with more and more frequency here on BYC. [​IMG]

10. Quote:Thanks! My friend from college sent them an email for me, too...but I do appreciate your willingness to help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: