Someone STOLE my photo!!! ANYONE SPEAK FRENCH?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Quote:I think so too. [​IMG] It's sad because people (obviously) take great pride in their chickens and it hurts to have photos of your pets stolen & advertised as someone else's! I just makes me wonder what kind of "business" these people are running if their pictures are stolen? [​IMG]

2. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I have definitely seen that silkie and the seabright pics before elsewhere.
    What gives away that they are likely stolen is that they are on all different types of backgrounds

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Quote:Oh, BTW, if possible you can contact the company that is hosting the website (do a "whois") and tell them you have tried to get the content removed, but the person won't do it and you demand that they suspend the account until the content is removed.

4. Quote:I know, me too. I found the buff cochin & SLW on other websites and I think someone else found the Eastern Wild Turkey?

5. Quote:Oh, BTW, if possible you can contact the company that is hosting the website (do a "whois") and tell them you have tried to get the content removed, but the person won't do it and you demand that they suspend the account until the content is removed.

I'll have to check out that website...another member did that WHOIS search for me already and I did contact their web hosting company...

6. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I think they took your picture down... At least it didn't show up when I went on their site. It was the only picture that wasn't there.

7. I found the silkie on ehow telling their care. It also gave credit to the owner of the picture.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4925411_care-silkie-chickens.html

Here is the original silkie pick, from what I believe is the owner of the picture and silkie.

http://www.silkiechickens.com/

The picture is even water marked. So i guess if some one was smart enough with photo shop, water marks can be removed.

ETA.. I emailed the owner of silkiechickens.com Hopefully they will request that their picture is removed also..
    That was my good deed for the day..

Just did another search and found out that the owner of silkiechickens.com is also the President of The American Silkie Bantam Club

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  8. debstein

debstein In the Brooder

Oct 7, 2009
    Thanks for the heads-up on the picture thief - it has happened to me so many times, and I've been working my way through my site, watermarking everything, but apparently watermarks can be removed. Or perhaps the image that I provided for the ehow article wasn't watermarked and they just stole that one.
    I have sent an email demanding removal, and will check back to see. I'll also keep an eye on this thread to see if there is any more info.

Thanks again!

Deb Steinberg

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:[​IMG] Way to go Deb!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: