SOMEONE STOLE MY ROOSTER (weston, conn.)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by gobbles!, Jan 4, 2008.

1. gobbles!

gobbles! Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    Today someone stole my rooster, Colonel Sanders! I only got him last week, I never even had a chance to take a picture of him! :mad: A neighbor said she saw a man in a white pickup truck walking around my yard around noon today, who said he was "looking at the property," which, by the way, is not for sale.

Another weird thing is someone was tampering with my chicken coop last night (the night before Col. Sanders was stolen). We put some insulating tarps over the coop for extra warmth. This morning, all the tarps were pulled off and laid neatly to the side.

Again, I unfortunately do not have a picture, but if anyone in the area knows anything about a big white rooster with dark green/blackish tail feathers, I'd definitely like to hear about it.

We've filed a report with Weston Police, and I plan to call shelters tomorrow.

I'm worried about him, I've heard of hired workers, landscapers, etc. stealing roosters for cock fights. And his hens miss him. [​IMG]

2. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Oh man, I'm sorry for you.

Doesn't it make you wonder what kind of person would actually steal a chicken?

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I feel so bad for you and know how you feel. We had one of our hens stolen last year and even though we put up big neon signs...no one saw anything.
    You might try posting up flyers with the description up around your area and see if anyone knows anything.
    Also I know my local paper allows free ads for missing pets so you might give that a try too.
    Good luck!

4. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    That is so upsetting!! I hope your roo pecks him a good one in the eye! [​IMG] [​IMG] :thun

Keep us posted what happens, I sure have my fingers crossed that you get him back.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Wow, second stolen chicken thread in under a month. This is really sad. What are people doing now a days! Best get a lock for the coop now.

6. gobbles!

gobbles! Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    Thanks guys, I also posted on Craigslist.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  7. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    That JERK!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm sorry, not very christain like of me, well if you steal a rooster for cockfighting then your just sick.

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That is so strange. Look at all the people trying so hard to re-home roosters and some *%*&#^$ goes and steals one [​IMG] I see them on CL a dime-a-dozen (pun intended) Its just unreal [​IMG]
    Then, you must feel violated to have someone think they have any right to go into your yard [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What is up with people these days?! Stealing roosters when he could probably get all he wanted for free. Im so sorry. I'm really thinking about getting locks for my coops now after all these chicken thefts I've heard about recently.

10. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I am so verry sorry [​IMG] I hope you are able to recover him. Please keep us posted

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by