SOMEONE STOLE MY ROOSTER (weston, conn.)

gobbles!

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 30, 2007
Today someone stole my rooster, Colonel Sanders! I only got him last week, I never even had a chance to take a picture of him! :mad: A neighbor said she saw a man in a white pickup truck walking around my yard around noon today, who said he was "looking at the property," which, by the way, is not for sale.

Another weird thing is someone was tampering with my chicken coop last night (the night before Col. Sanders was stolen). We put some insulating tarps over the coop for extra warmth. This morning, all the tarps were pulled off and laid neatly to the side.

Again, I unfortunately do not have a picture, but if anyone in the area knows anything about a big white rooster with dark green/blackish tail feathers, I'd definitely like to hear about it.

We've filed a report with Weston Police, and I plan to call shelters tomorrow.

I'm worried about him, I've heard of hired workers, landscapers, etc. stealing roosters for cock fights. And his hens miss him.
sad.png

I feel so bad for you and know how you feel. We had one of our hens stolen last year and even though we put up big neon signs...no one saw anything.
You might try posting up flyers with the description up around your area and see if anyone knows anything.
Also I know my local paper allows free ads for missing pets so you might give that a try too.
Good luck!

That is so upsetting!! I hope your roo pecks him a good one in the eye!
somad.gif
rant.gif
:thun

Keep us posted what happens, I sure have my fingers crossed that you get him back.

Thanks guys, I also posted on Craigslist.

Last edited:
That is so strange. Look at all the people trying so hard to re-home roosters and some *%*&#^$ goes and steals one
idunno.gif
I see them on CL a dime-a-dozen (pun intended) Its just unreal
barnie.gif

Then, you must feel violated to have someone think they have any right to go into your yard
rant.gif

What is up with people these days?! Stealing roosters when he could probably get all he wanted for free. Im so sorry. I'm really thinking about getting locks for my coops now after all these chicken thefts I've heard about recently.

Back
Top Bottom