Someone tell me it's ok.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bornacentury2L8, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    I set 2 dozen eggs in the bator last night, But every farm supply place in the area has chicks. I can't go near one of those places or I'll come home with one of every breed! It's only 21 days , right? i can wait, right? On the other hand I do need a picture for my avatar....yea and none of my eggs may hatch... and if they do hatch it would be nice for them to have older siblings to keep the bullies at bay...See!? Who am i kidding. I'll post pics as soon as I pick up my new chicks...(sigh)[​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] Go for it!!!

3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    LOL!

4. ravencreek

ravencreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    Yes its ok. At least you admit defeat. Your also gonna need something to keep you busy for the 21 day wait...Right? Thats what I thought.

5. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    It's O.K.!!!

6. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Oh you poor thing - hurry and get your chickies so you can practice for when your eggs hatch!!

7. Hellvagirl

Hellvagirl Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    Dont feel bad.My son got me a chick for Easter last year,he thought it would be funny & cute.I had been talking about getting chickens,but wasnt ready.I now have about 30-40 chickens.some we bought & some we've hatched.

[​IMG] I'm in Ellijay.

8. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    Quote:Quote:Two awesome and EXTREMELY valid points that I hadn't thought of. I like this place! Thanks for having my back![​IMG]

9. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    Just think the chicks you get today will be pratice for the chicks you hatch later. Just think how bad it would be to have some thing go wrong after youhatch (not that it will) but pratice make perfect. [​IMG]

10. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

If what's in the incubator is the breed that you decided that you want,
    you should seriously consider waiting the three weeks to see what happens in the incubator, Buying from your "farm supply place" is a crap shoot. I suggest your making up your mind exactly how many and what breed(s) chickens you want and STICK TO IT. Face it, unless you're planning to sell eggs, in a few years your hens are going to be pets only, not pets that lay eggs for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by