1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Someone unplugged my egg turner!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Must Be Losing It, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    So I took my eggs off the egg turner for their hatch and went to unlug it and put it away. Unfortunately that is when I noticed that it was already unplugged (I don't know for how long). What are the odds of a good hatch when something like this happens?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

[​IMG]

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say that if it was in the last couple days you should be fine. When you take the eggs out try to candle and see if there is any movement.
    Good Luck.

3. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    And what about if it was unplugged early on? I have a very bad feeling about this.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I forgot to plug mine in once an got an ok hatch. Over 50% Hatch. No birth defects.

5. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Well 3 hatched so far w/ about 7 pipped. I'm keeping my fingers crosssed.

6. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Aw man, that stinks. I hope the rest hatch for you!! BTW the chickie I got from you is doing great. Her/ his??? Name is Bailey. I will send you an updated picture soon!! What are you hatching??

7. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Hey Chrissy,

Nice to hear from you. I'm hatching some mutts I got from a designer egg chain and some black copper marans I bought on Eggbid or ebay - can't remember which. So far just a couple chickies - but I'm hoping tonight I come home to about 7 more.

What does little Bailey look like? One of the other ones that was with the little chick turned out to be silkie/frizzle cochin mix who is frizzling beautifully. I'm so thrilled.

Julie

8. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Hey Chrissy,

Nice to hear from you. I'm hatching some mutts I got from a designer egg chain and some black copper marans I bought on Eggbid or ebay - can't remember which. So far just a couple chickies - but I'm hoping tonight I come home to about 7 more.

What does little Bailey look like? One of the other ones that was with the little chick turned out to be silkie/frizzle cochin mix who is frizzling beautifully. I'm so thrilled.

Julie

9. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Hi Julie! I am glad they are still hatching for you!! That's great. Here's a pic from right now of Bailey.... SOoooo cute!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    She looks like a silkie x mille fleur d'uccle. Too cute. I'll have to take pics of her siblings and show you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by