Someone wanted to see Chickenmonk's coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jmc, Aug 12, 2008.

1. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    [​IMG]

Well, this is the starter coop. I am building another quite like it as you read.

Yes, I built this one. total dimensions are, front to back 48"; side to side 65"

Total avail. floor space is 42 5/8 " X 60". Total floor space is 18 sq. ft. i.e., good for 4 to 6 standard size mature birds. I prefer giving 4 sq. ft. per bird myself, rather than 3 (I've even read 2.5 is ok; but not for this monk)

Range is movable from front to back of coop for fresh forage ev. 2 wks.

Chicken tractor is in foreground; it is 8ft. X 4ft. Tractor is also just the 'first generation' model.

Also, the main coop is portable (with the effort of 4 people and some hoofing.[​IMG]) My next is going to be truly portable (for two![​IMG])

I hope I won't offend you by saying,

"God bless you"

ps

I'll post more pictures, either in this thread, or I'll create another like it.

2. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Beautiful and clean looking, Chickenmonk! I like the paint job. Thank you for sharing.

I have seen some heavier chicken tractors mounted with double sets of small wagon tires set very low to the ground. This might be a possibility if you want to increase mobility (although a hand brake might be a good idea).

I am always grateful for a blessing from others. Thanks again!

Jen in TN
    ~:<>

3. Ricks Chicks

Ricks Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

nice coop. tractor coult use some wheels for easy moving.

Not offended , thank you for the blessing . I can use all I can get.

God bless and Keep the Faith
    Rick

4. dftkarin

dftkarin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    I was hoping you would post a picture or two of your coop - thank you!!! I would love to see it closer up and the inside - if you would be willing to post more photos!! I'm trying to see as many movable 16-24 square foot sizes coops as I can to help me figure out exactly what I want to build for my 4 hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by