Someone's been crowing

Chickenlover720

Songster
May 15, 2018
W Central Indiana
The other morning I heard crowing and was quite confused seeing how I have only hens I suspected it was one of my older hens but when I looked outside it was coming from my younger hens. I am concerned that one of my young pullets may be a roo. I couldn't tell who the culprit was but here are the two I am suspecting do either look like a roo. They are both about 15 weeks. View attachment 1501411View attachment 1501414

Attachments

• 20180812_135303.jpg
    20180812_135303.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 12
I'm pretty sure that they're both boys. I was looking both of them over and the Easter egger has the same nubs forming where spurs will come in as the buff has. I'm quite upset. Both were advertised as pullets and this group was supposed to be my replacement flock since my older hens are slowing down on egg production. Now it looks like I've only got four hens.

I'm pretty sure that they're both boys. I was looking both of them over and the Easter egger has the same nubs forming where spurs will come in as the buff has. I'm quite upset. Both were advertised as pullets and this group was supposed to be my replacement flock since my older hens are slowing down on egg production. Now it looks like I've only got four hens.
Hens can also have big spurs too so DON'T relay on them.

Back
Top Bottom