Something got my millie fleur and hurt my bantam roo

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by [email protected], Jul 24, 2010.

1. Country_Gal@Heart

[email protected] In the Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Sunshine State
    I went out this morning to feed my fluffy butts and my little d'uccle girl is gone. I searched the entire yard for her and she isn't anywhere [​IMG]

Not only that but my bantam roo, Bob, is injured. His right wing is shredded, he is limping and he is barely eating. He must have put up a good fight trying to protect his girl. He keeps running around the coop chirping and calling for her. It is so sad to hear him looking for his girlfriend. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I'm So Sorry [​IMG] I hope you find the killer [​IMG]

3. i'm so sorry! Did you have them locked up in a coop? Because you will want to check and see how the predator got in. Chances are good it will come back, so you want to protect the rest of your flock.

So sorry again. [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member 9 Years

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Please do something to secure your coop. The predator will return.

5. I had a hawk get my favorite porcelain d'uccle cockerel yesterday, now I've got the rest penned until it goes away. I hate not being able to let them free range. I'm pretty sure it was a hawk after hearing it screech constantly.

6. Country_Gal@Heart

[email protected] In the Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Sunshine State
    My two bantams were in a coop when my d'uccle was taken. I put Bob in a cage in the garage for safe keeping and some quiet to heal. I double-checked my coops for the bigger birds and they are all secure. I think it might have been a raccoon -- it busted in through one of the sides. [​IMG]

My hubby feels so guilty as I had just mentioned to him the night before this happened that I didn't feel the bantam coop was secure enough. I will miss my little Milly, she was just starting to get white speckles on her backside.

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] Sorry you lost your girl. I just love my millies and worry about them terribly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: