Something is in my duck pen

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ducks106, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Ducks106

Ducks106 Chirping

Jun 30, 2017
    we have our duck pen connected to a shed where they can enter to eat. Something for the last 2 days has entered the shed through the pen, eats food (not a lot either) but poops like no other. It kinda looks like dog poop and mushie together. And it’s a lot! Whatever is getting in has got to go through the10 by 10 dog pen that we thought was unpenturable. We see now the 4 top corners have a space your fist can go through. But the thing is it’s not doing a thing to the ducks even though they have to go in their part to get in to shed. anyone know what would do this. I thought just about anything would go after a duck. We are thinking possum but I’m not sure if they are meat eaters or not. I’m going to look that up now and see if I can also see their poop! We are thinking of putting a go pro in there. I have had ducks for 3 yrs without one single problem!

LilyLoo, DuckyDonna and Miss Lydia like this.
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Ephesians 6:13

Do you have hardware wire around your pen? I have had opossums visit and only eat the feed while all the birds stood around watching but I’ve never seen opossum poop. Others say possums kill. Rats? Squirrels? A mink or weasel can get through an 1” opening so thankfully it wasn’t one of those or all your birds would be dead.

LilyLoo and DuckyDonna like this.
  3. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    Where are you? I have armadillos and possum which don't eat ducks. Armadillos are poop machines.

LilyLoo and DuckyDonna like this.
  4. Ducks106

Ducks106 Chirping

Jun 30, 2017
    We have hardware wire all the way around and Into the ground. We are in S.E. Michigan. No armadillos. We do have everything else. (No bears or wolves). I was thinking possums but I read today that they will eat small rodents so I assumed they eat a duck, but maybe not. It would have to climb up 8feet and go in a tiny hole in the corner but I’m assuming it can. I want to go out there tonight and open up the shed but I’m scared to! Haha

Miss Lydia, LilyLoo and DuckyDonna like this.
  5. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    :pop

Jpat and LilyLoo like this.
  6. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    Open it open it...

Jpat and Miss Lydia like this.