Something is stuck im my duck's vent!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckyAnji, Mar 17, 2015.

1. DuckyAnji

DuckyAnji Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2014
    Magnolia, TX
    I arrived home to find one of my ducks looking lethargic and noticed that something is stuck in her vent. I have her in the warm tub right now...Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Just saw ur post. Is ur duck better? Did u "finger" it out? Trying to lighten t/mood. Honestly, did u? Maybe gently use a Q-tip w/a lubricant. Just make sure it is not a body part coming out, like the colon, etc. Could be a pro laps?
    Hope ur duck is better.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Is it a soft shelled egg?

-Kathy

4. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Or a prolapse?

-Kathy

5. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Hi, I noticed u r from Gilroy! Love ur town & "Casa de Fruita" I use to stop there a lot on my way to San Jose to see my Mom & Dad. Can u smell the garlic yet? Probably not! I grewup in Glendale, CA, next to LA & Burbank, too crowded for me, would never go back to LA, only to visit my sister!
    Take care.

6. DuckyAnji

DuckyAnji Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2014
    Magnolia, TX
    Thank you for your replys! I suspect it's prolapse. I gave her a warm bath and gave her electrolytes. The next day she was better. Today, she seems to be having the problem again. This is very upsetting. I'm going to give her another warm bath and pray it helps her.

7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Gently check the inside of her vent for a stuck egg.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by