Something is wrong with my duck! Help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Shelby28, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Shelby28

Shelby28 New Egg

Oct 28, 2014
    I have a Buff duck and she about 7 and a half months old. She is laying eggs but...she has this worm looking thing hanging out of her. She is still laying eggs with this thing hanging out of her. She is eating normally, drinking water, swimming and quacking just normal. I have been looking for answers and it all says it could be a clasped egg but she is laying still? I am new to ducks so I am so lost. Should I take her to the vet? Help me please!!!!

2. smonkeySK

smonkeySK Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2013
    wigan uk
    I honestly don't know. But I would imagine that those who do will see this soon. I might suggest a picture of the problem would increase your chances of a diagnosis too.

3. Shelby28

Shelby28 New Egg

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG] I know this looks awful but this is what is going on with my duck. I have no idea what this is! It doesnt seem to hurt her either when I touch it and stuff. Please help!

4. smonkeySK

smonkeySK Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2013
    wigan uk
    I'd get her to a vet asap I think.
    Regardless of whether it's a prolapsed vent or anus (or something else entirely); it needs looking at before it gets more complicated than it already is.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome for her

5. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    It's time to go to the vet. That is a serious problem that needs an expert opinion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by