1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Something no one may have noticed about the pardoned turkeys.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 23, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

They are broad breasted whites!!!! They will crush themselves eventually!!!! Cant the white house pardon a danged Bourban turkey that will live longer than 6 months???

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    nope that requires thinking which requires intelligence which we know left that town long ago

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

It is the White House.....

4. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    No kidding!! Of course, I particularly liked the pardoning of the turkeys done by Sarah Palin a couple years ago where she was pardoning a turkey whilst others were going headless in the background. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

[​IMG] [​IMG] I am floored. "They leave the white house and go to a farm to live the rest of their lives in peace". REALLY??? For what? 2 months?

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Same thing I feel about people who raise their own meaties. . . . What's the difference besides the conditions? The bird is still genetically and physically unhealthy and unhappy. [​IMG]

But, yep. . . . And sadly most people don't realize it. They think saving a random animal is enough. It's like saving animals used for testing. Umm, pretty sure they want to go by now.

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Quote:Makes me think of Batty Coda from Ferngully.

8. debilorrah

Quote:Makes me think of Batty Coda from Ferngully.

[​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    President Obama better get himself a heritage turkey instead of those meat turkeys.

I've read somewhere that President Reagan? pardoned a turkey and it lived its life on a farm somewhere upstate.

10. debilorrah

Quote:They all go to the same farm every year, to live out there remaining 60 days. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by