Something to crow about Newport Tn show May 5th

xChickiex

Songster
Feb 11, 2012
east tn
It is almost a month away until this show now, here is the information I have on it so far:
Location: Newport Tn, Cocke County A&I Fairgrounds, for those using gps the address of the fairgrounds is-112 Fairgrounds Circle
Newport, TN 37821
Date: Saturday May 5th
Contact: Angie Sutton-(865)414-8935 or Ruth Murchinson-(865)414-7565 for more information and for phone entries. Phone entry deadline Monday April 30th, mail in entry dealine is the same.
Judges for this show are David Johnson and Daniel Dysart.Both open and junior shows(seperately).
Awards for the open show:
Grand Champion of Show:$50 &Trophy
Reserve Grand Champion:$35 &Trophy
Champion Largefowl:$25 &Trophy
Reserve Largefowl:$15 &Trophy
Champion Bantam:$25 &Trophy
Reserve Bantam:$15 &Trophy
Champion Waterfowl:$25 &Trophy
Reserve Waterfowl:$15 &Trophy
Best of Class:$10(with atleast 5 in class)

Junior show awards
Grand Champion:$25 &Trophy
Reserve Grand Champion:$15 &Trophy
Champion Largefowl:$10 &Trophy
Reserve Largefowl:$5 &Trophy
Champion Bantam:$10 &Trophy
Reserve Bantam:$5 &Trophy
Champion Waterfowl:$10 &Trophy
Reserve Waterfowl:$5 &Trophy
Best of Class:$5(with atleast 5 in class)
Note:ALL Jr exhibitors also recieve a participation trophy

Club Meets:
American Poultry Association
United Plymouth Rock Fanciers
American Langshan Club
Old English Game Bantam Club of America
Modern Game Bantam Club of America
Cochins International
American Silkie Bantam Club
United Orpington Club
-other meets tba

There will be a silent auction, concession stand as well as a sales area free to exhibitors($5 charge for non exhibitors)

Other Information:
-Entry Fee is $2 per bird, double cooped is $4 per bird, plus a $1 clean up fee per exhibitor
-All entries must provide proof of Pullorum/Typhiod testing. Birds tested free of charge at the fairgrounds.
-Entries MUST be in place by 8:30AM on saturday, birds may be cooped in early on friday between the hours of 2 and 8 pm, final coop in will begin at 6:30 am on saturday Judging begins at 9am.
This is a great show that I have been to for the past 6 years now and would love to see everyone there
frow.gif
Feel free to post what you are bringing to sale or looking to buy as well here for this show as there is usually lots of sales.

Last edited:
Well im not sure of a definite meet up but there are a lot of us that go to it, almost one-third of your exhibitor list is from byc. I didn't know that until last fall's show and ive been going for over 6 years now.
My mallard hen wont get to go this spring because she took it upon herself to go boody, might bring the males. Will try to bring a call or 2 or 5 if they are in condition. Im actually not going to have alot of showbirds until next year due to being in the process of selling some breeds and bringing more stock in, and of course all the hatching going on is taking up most of my time.

I wont be able hang out with everyone while judging is going on, I am clerking the open show this year. I still havent decided who im bringing to show lol.

Yep.. we usually meet at the big rooster at 10 am. Everyone is settled in and the judging is going on. Or if you see the big blue van...just come over and say hey. I will be there really early to get a good spot (Nella, im taking your normal spot, LOL) Plus I have to get tested as NPIP is still on the back burner for sometime this summer. The three 10 month old Dels that I will show will be for sale also.

Back
Top Bottom