Something very different happened last night.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Sep 7, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok, we have alot of birds. Like maybe 80? Including ducks. There is no noise ordinance here regarding livestock/farm animals. We have had neighbors complain about eggs being dropped by ravens ([​IMG]) and once a neighbor made a comment about how loud our roo was. To his credit he was right, that guy was LOUD! We rehomed him to keep the peace.

Two ladies knocked on our door. They started going on and on and on about how noisy the ducks are and they can hear them a block away, and OMG They make so many different sounds.

I am patiently standing there waiting to have to give my speech about the lack of a noise ordinance when one lady says "Can we PLEASE buy a pair from you??? We love their noise."

[​IMG]

We politely told them no, however did offer to keep our eyes out for ducklings. What a shocker!!!!

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:Lol, maybe they have a neighbor they are not very fond of...

3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    that is so cool! i love our ducks, chattering away about everything! so now you know you are appreciated!

4. LaBaze

LaBaze Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Covington, LA
    THATS AWESOME!!! LOL! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    [​IMG] Debi, I just LOVE your posts! I await them all! [​IMG]

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I hope that's really why they wanted them.

I like the sounds of ducks and geese, too. Well, some geese push your limits.

7. debilorrah

I know they had to be after the snowy calls. They are the ones that make the pipsqueaky sound. I have welsh harlequins and runners too. The runners are from Noseychickens eggs, and the welshs are from some test eggs and they all have my heart. We just cannot part with them even if they are slackers in the laying department.

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    You need muscovies - they are quiet but make the cutest trilling type noise when they talk among themselves.

9. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:I LOVE mine. I only have one, but he is just so quiet! doesn't get in my way, isn't nearly as yappy as my other ducks are. [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

Quote:I can't get past the sea debris on their faces. [​IMG] It kinda freaks me out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by