Something wrong with chicks leg? Pics

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TexGal, Apr 4, 2012.

1. TexGal

TexGal Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    I cant tell if something is wrong with her leg. I got her today at TSC. She doesnt seem to put all her weight on it, nor does she move around as much as the others. Is something wrong with her leg?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

She is just so darn cute.

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Looks like she has a partial splay leg. If she's keeping her eyes closed a lot, especially when handling, she's not feeling well.

3. TexGal

Mar 27, 2012
    She chirps alot, but quites down when held. Is it fixable?

4. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    I don't know about the leg, but chirping can mean they are cold. Do you have a heat lamp/light bulb?

If you search for splayed leg on here, you'll find lots of info. Good Luck!!

5. TexGal

Mar 27, 2012
    Thank you! I was able to find alot of information on it!! Shes doing better today. Seems she is walking around alot more as well as the leg not being as splayed. We havent tried a band aid yet. Waiting to see how she does tonight to see if its necessary. I have a heat lamp going and all the other chicks seem fine with the warmth. Anytime I hear chirping its always her. So it makes me worried that there is something more going on? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by