something wrong with my wyandotte foot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenbuttsowhat, Jul 21, 2011.

1. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    i have a SLW named glow today i was watching her walk and noticed she was walking just a lil bit funny like an old man with a leg problem so i checked on the bottom of her right foot and seen dark black scab on bottom of her foot never noticed it before i just got her about a month ago never thought about checking her foot for problems cuz im still new to the chicken thing and i never really watched her walk around the closely cuz all chickens want my attention. so should i be worried that she has Bumblefoot or she used to have it or is it nothing? shes only one gots it my older girls that i got in march dont have nothing like that and i do keep my coop and run as clean as posible im racking up poop everytime i go out there everyday

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
  3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
  4. chickenbuttsowhat

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    thanks guys i'll get it taken care first thing in the morning when my bf is home to help hold her her foot not swollen but it does have a lil black scabb on it so i wasnt 100% sure it was bubblefoot but thanks to u guys now i know it really is [​IMG]

5. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    You're 100% welcome! [​IMG] Good luck!

6. mljohnson05

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:You are SO WELCOME [​IMG]
    GL, and keep us posted !

==Laura==

7. chickenbuttsowhat

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    shes doing fine i got it all clean and wrapped up seems happier actually now that im fixing it i feel so bad it took me this long to see it poor girl hope she forgives me

8. Pickaduck

Pickaduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:Don't feel bad - lots of people who've been doing this for years don't always notice right away. The important thing is that you did notice and you took action and now she's better! [​IMG] Don't worry, she still loves you! [​IMG]

9. mljohnson05

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:I am so glad she is doing better...just keep up on the treatments, and give her some extra good treats.....don't worry , she still loves you ! [​IMG]

Best Wishes,
    Laura

10. CinnamonQueen12

CinnamonQueen12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    I have 4 out of a total of 6 chickens that have bumblefoot, but on 3 of the chickens, the scabs are getting smaller and in some cases, falling off on their own. Why is this? Is it normal/ok?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by