something wrong with my wyandotte foot

chickenbuttsowhat

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Danville, Arkansas
i have a SLW named glow today i was watching her walk and noticed she was walking just a lil bit funny like an old man with a leg problem so i checked on the bottom of her right foot and seen dark black scab on bottom of her foot never noticed it before i just got her about a month ago never thought about checking her foot for problems cuz im still new to the chicken thing and i never really watched her walk around the closely cuz all chickens want my attention. so should i be worried that she has Bumblefoot or she used to have it or is it nothing? shes only one gots it my older girls that i got in march dont have nothing like that and i do keep my coop and run as clean as posible im racking up poop everytime i go out there everyday

thanks guys i'll get it taken care first thing in the morning when my bf is home to help hold her her foot not swollen but it does have a lil black scabb on it so i wasnt 100% sure it was bubblefoot but thanks to u guys now i know it really is
big_smile.png

Quote:
Don't feel bad - lots of people who've been doing this for years don't always notice right away. The important thing is that you did notice and you took action and now she's better!
smile.png
Don't worry, she still loves you!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I am so glad she is doing better...just keep up on the treatments, and give her some extra good treats.....don't worry , she still loves you !
hugs.gif

Best Wishes,
Laura

I have 4 out of a total of 6 chickens that have bumblefoot, but on 3 of the chickens, the scabs are getting smaller and in some cases, falling off on their own. Why is this? Is it normal/ok?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom