Sometimes chickens can be a little scary...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by missourichickenmama, Apr 19, 2009.

1. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    run! [​IMG] hide! [​IMG] the chickens are coming,the chickens are coming! [​IMG] First my rooster flogged my legs with his spurs and made my leg very tender, no problems there, Then one of my yellow hens came up and pecked my leg so hard it bled a little, still no problems, then when I backed away, The yellow hen started stalking me, then all of the other chickens except for little girl and the rooster(he was avoiding me, something to do with me chasing him around to show him that attacking people is NOT in his best interest...) joined in! I could not get away from them until I went into the house. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (Silly Chickens...)

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Sounds like they are telling you that you are the low man on their totem pole.... [​IMG]

3. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Yeah i'd not be putting up with that nonsense. Its bothersome and unpleasant. I'd be quickly reminding them who's who in the pecking order.

4. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    They are normally not like that....All of them(except the rooster) are very sweet to me, as I had hand raised them(the rooster has a intense hatred of being picked up.)

5. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Are you sure you didn't just forget to bring them a treat? [​IMG] We have a girl that will screeeeeam at us if we forget to bring something out for her. Even when we collect the eggs, she will scream at us because we have something in our hands that we are not feeding her [​IMG] They are waaay to spoiled.

6. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Whenever we don't give them 'Enough' treats, they howl at us too... Except for little Girl, she is to busy snarfing the treats that we just gave them down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by