1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sometimes, I just hate animals..... (rant, rant, grumble, grumble)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shelleyd2008, Aug 31, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I was outside making sure everyone was going to roost. One of my young (3-4 month) guineas was on the wrong side of the building and 'lost' (you know how they are). So here I am, trying to 'shoo' it around the building, and my dad's stupid, idiotic dog that is always under my feet comes running right up to me (of course on the side that the guinea is on). Of course the guinea freaked, and flew right at my face!! I think it tore completely through my lip with its nail [​IMG] [​IMG] I wish I could catch that $#%@! dog, I'd lay it on him bigtime!! [​IMG]

2. Luna_Chick66

Luna_Chick66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    heheh... I made the big mistake of trying to bring a kitten closer to my dogs and it decided to scratch it's way up my face.

OUUUUCHIES!

So, I can relate. Sorry about your incident.

3. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I have to admit, I laughed a little while picturing a guinea flying up at your face and the dog at your feet, then I read that you got hurt. Thats no fun! [​IMG] I'm sorry for giggling at first... And I'm sorry you got hurt [​IMG] Hope your lip gets better soon, and tell your dad to keep the durn dog locked up at chore time! [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It probably was funny, but it sure did hurt! I guess the guinea figured I was the lesser of two evils, so it chose me. I wish it would have went after the dog!! Teach him not to be underfoot so much!

5. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    it was kinda funny till you got hurt. [​IMG] Hope you are ok.

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    One time this spring I made the mistake of taking my pitt with me to the chicken coop. Normally this would not have been an issue... but I had cut up some bologna for my roo. I set the plate down and roo ran over and began gobbling it up. Just as I turned to leave the run, Dieses (my pitt) decided HE wanted the bologna....

D went for the plate
    Roo thought he wanted CHICKEN dinner
    Roo flew
    Bologna flew
    Chicken poop flew
    And I ended up with...

A panicked rooster on my shoulder, chicken crap ALL over my coat, face, mouth and hair, and one dog with a belly full of bologna and who has never EVER done that since.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Oh my!! I'm sorry, but that is funny! My son got 'chicken-pooed' the other day when I moved a broody with her chicks. Apparently she had some on her wings, or decided to let loose while struggling with me to let her go. Either way, he got some really wet stuff on his shirt, and he stunk till I made him take a bath! [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Ouchhie! Hope your lip feels better soon Shelley.
    I've had mornings where I have to remind myself why I have animals.
    When they all start being boogerheads at once, I tell DH come deal with YOUR children!!!

9. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Once I had the dog thinking I was the devil incarnate I got the guinea to go the right way with no problem. That dog is almost as bad as a kid...always getting on my last nerve!

10. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Quote:Oh my!! I'm sorry, but that is funny! My son got 'chicken-pooed' the other day when I moved a broody with her chicks. Apparently she had some on her wings, or decided to let loose while struggling with me to let her go. Either way, he got some really wet stuff on his shirt, and he stunk till I made him take a bath! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You two have me lmao! Talking about poo... My hubby is not a big fan of my chicken obsession (as most hubbys aren't!). Well, I had an adorable little white Ameracauna hatch a few weeks ago. As was holding it and talking to my hubby, who was sitting in his plush leather lazyboy chair, I thought I will let him hold the little cutie and maybe it will soften him. Well, he was holding it in his hand and then decided to let it sit on his chest (he was reclining) and... Yup! You guessed it... The little fluffy butt had a BM right on his shirt. I grabbed the chick before he could throw it across the room (don't worry he wouldn't have) and ran away laughing so hard I almost peed my pants! When I came back after putting the chick away he was still sitting in his chair, holding his shirt away from his body (because it had soaked through!) giving me the stink eye (no pun intended!). [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by