Sometimes I wish DH wouldn't share work details.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Sep 16, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    As the wife of a police officer I prefer to not know details of what happens during his average workday. He respects this and rarely shares unless it's something that really troubles him.

There was the time he responded to a nighttime 9-1-1 call of three men with guns. Arriving on the scene one of those "men" pointed his gun directly at DH. DH drew his weapon, but something kept him from firing; even with a gun pointed directly at him. Turns out it was three teenage boys with airsoft pistols. The boys had spray painted over the orange markings (required on non-lethal firearms) that would have alerted DH to the fact that they were non life-threatening.

Last month he was the first officer on the scene of a 4 year olds drowning. The boys older brother was supposed to be watching the child, but got distracted talking to a girl. My heart broke not only for the family, but for the older boy that now has to live with his actions for the rest of his life.

Now this. Yesterday a young man, well known to police and fresh out of the state prison, went on a methamphetamine binge. He robbed a local store at knifepoint. He then dragged the 19 year old store clerk to her car and kidnapped her. He took her to a secluded area out in the county, assaulted her, then stabbed her repeatedly and slit her throat. She was the mother of a toddler and pregnant.

Yep, sometimes I would prefer not knowing that the world is going to ____ in a handbasket. [​IMG]

2. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    It seems we are living with the results of raising a couple of generations of the totally entitled. No empathy, no morals, no regards for others, just me, me, me.

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Amen

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG] for you both.

..sometimes I wish *I* didn't know all the details of the events I have handled......

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:There was a time a few years ago when I was encouraged to apply for a job opening for a dispatcher at the SO. Are you kidding me?? Every time a scary call came in involving any of the officers I know, including DH, I'd be a basket case. No thanks.

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] for both of you. 1st please thank your DH for serving and protecting. I also would not want to know. And I try not to watch the news. To much crime and sadness. You and your DH are in my prayers. I can not imagine how he does it. To see such bad things. God Bless you all.

7. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I am glad your husband is a police officer and helps to keep the streets safe. My heart goes out to the police officers and firemen who come to scenes of terrible accidents or murders and keep up their fight despite of all the memories and pictures that are always with them. Not everybody can do that.

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm just counting the days. Seven months until he retires. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by