Sometimes I wonder if my animals are "too" friendly to my chickens? ha

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by happyhens44, Jan 26, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    My cats and dogs look at my chickens like pets! When Im feeding I leave the door open, And my chihuahua or weenier dog run in and follow me, and my chicken arent bothered by her, and there not bothered my them.

My cats ( I have a tom cat and A old siamese cat) and they follow me to the coop and dont go in, even if the doors open

My Big germen wired hair pointer, when the doors open, he goes in and beds in the hay, and my chickens (hens dont care!) either does the dog....
    my rooster doesnt mind, He just stays aleart, And watches them.. He doesnt attack or anything.. the only time my rooster gets upset is if the dog runs in there and sniffs around, But the dog doesnt mind chickens! none of them. I only leave the door open a hour a day since its the winter.

I have a back fenced in area where the little coop chicken door is. But nothing can get in there beside the chickens but I have the door closed in this weather. And I cant open it tell I get the hawk netting back up.

2. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I think it's good that your animals are friendly with the chickens. My beagle goes out to the chicken yard all of the time with me and my 3 outside cats, all incredible hunters, are always in the coop and out in the chicken yard trying to get my attention...sometimes the cats will just plop down on a chair and watch all of the birds. It's funny!! Glad to hear that the animals get along....it's so much better than when they don't!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by