Sometimes real life is better than a daydream

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Northie, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Northie

Northie Chillin' With My Peeps

I had one of those moments tonight where you look around at your life an think wow... Is this real or am I in a dream...

I went out to feed our horses tonight.
    The night is clear, the stars are shining like thousands of little diamonds and so is the snow that blankets the ground. The old pony is nickering to me, she's happy to see her dinner in my pail. The young horse gets fed next and I start tossing hay into her feeder with the fork. As I turned around to take another fork full I notice the green glow in the sky. The northern lights are out tonight dancing and flashing playfully across the sky. They form huge bands stretching from one horizon to the next... I take a moment to lean on the pitch fork and watch them, the dog comes over and leans into my leg. Standing there in that moment with the green lights dancing over head, the thousands of stars, the snow, the horses, our little log home glowing warmly in the night.... It seemed so unreal and yet it is....

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] that ahhh moment. your home.

3. PimentoPlymouth

PimentoPlymouth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Awesome :) nothing better than that moment when what you have built for yourself all comes together and makes sense.

4. vintagegem

vintagegem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2014
    Michigan
    Wow!...I just loved reading your post, very eloquent and moving.

5. Northie

Northie Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you :)

6. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you do have a knack for writing . reading your post is....relaxing.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by