Somewhere to process 2 roosters near Southern Wisconsin?

Demonwolf37

Songster
6 Years
May 21, 2016
Wisconsin
I wound up with 3 roosters out of a flock of 6, and 2 of them are definitely mean.
I don't really have the equipment to process them effectively, but I don't want them to go to waste if I can avoid it. I was hoping to avoid this problem for a while yet.

Does anyone know of a butcher or someone who would be able to process them for a relatively cheap cost? I haven't had much luck googling, so I figured I'd ask the community because someone is bound to know, right?

Otherwise if anyone WANTS them - either to process or to add to a bachelor flock, they're all yours. Some of their meanness could be that they're fighting over hens, but "SevenOfNine" is very much a biter.

I don't even necessarily need to keep the meat. I wasn't planning on processing birds for a while, so it's not a loss if I don't keep it. I really just don't want it to go to waste.

I can dispose of them and bury them, but if they're healthy, I'd rather the meat not to waste if I can avoid it.

If anyone has any information on where I could take them, I'd appreciate it.

I'd rather the meat not to waste if I can avoid it.
I like your attitude. :frow They can make someone's dinner for sure.
I cant help you since I'm in Land of Lincoln. I know a live poultry store in Chicago, would take them off your hands. See if there is such in your near vicinity.
I have directed peeps there when they needed to process multiple roosters. They dropped off the roos,, went for coffee to a nearby location, and one hour later, returned to butcher, and took processed, cleaned, and ready for freezer,, chicken meat.
If you do intend to visit someone in Chicago,, anytime soon, I can tell you where to go.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

I like your attitude. :frow They can make someone's dinner for sure.
I cant help you since I'm in Land of Lincoln. I know a live poultry store in Chicago, would take them off your hands. See if there is such in your near vicinity.
I have directed peeps there when they needed to process multiple roosters. They dropped off the roos,, went for coffee to a nearby location, and one hour later, returned to butcher, and took processed, cleaned, and ready for freezer,, chicken meat.
If you do intend to visit someone in Chicago,, anytime soon, I can tell you where to go.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
Chicago isn't too far for me at all. Where and how much do they charge? Thats not a bad option at all

Here is their website. There you can find all things,, including map where located.
https://johns-live-poultry.business.site

Johns live poultry..JPG

Back
Top Bottom