Son broke his arm

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by klf73, Apr 10, 2011.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    My son had a function at school he HAD to go to. Friday his school had a spance(sports + dance) and he had to go or his girlfriend would be mad at him [​IMG] . I get a call from the principal at 7:45, thought he got in trouble, saying we had to come get him. He got hurt playing basketball. Took him to get an xray and sure enough he fractured his radius and the darn crack is about an inch up from his wrist but in comes all the way down the middle of the bone to his growth plate. Have to call tomorrow to get him into the orthopedist to get a real cast on it. Just gotta cross my fingers the growth plate isn't permanently damaged as he is almost 13 and hasnt' had his growth "spurt" yet. He is loving all the attention, it's his first "real" injury [​IMG]

2. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Ahh boys.. [​IMG] Hope he feels better, don't spoing him too much lol

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Ouch! If he is anythiing like my brother he'll get his cast wet and have to get another.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    omg, hoping the cast comes off before the weather gets too hot...my mom lives on the lake and I can't keep that boy away [​IMG]

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Ask the orthopedist for a waterproof cast. They do make them now a days! Sorry for your son's injury, hope he heals up quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by