Son Home from Iraq My nest is complete!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by COgirl, Sep 4, 2007.

1. COgirl

COgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Falcon Colorado
    Just wanted to share a little of our reunion with our Marine upon his return from Iraq Aug 24. IT WAS AWESOME [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].
    My nest is now complete and all is right with the world. He is happy and thankful to be home. I showed him the wonderful posts from ya'll here at BYC and he was truly touched.
    He had a surprise for me and flew his sister out to CA, she joined us in Morro Bay so it was truly a family reunion. He and his fiancee made the front page of the Desert Sun newspaper Aug 25 and their faces really say it all when it comes to homecomeing check it out if you get a chance, it is online www.desertsun.com, it's under pics and stories, date Aug 25
    It was truly wonderful to see Adam walking down the beach and be relaxed and happy. Our trip started in the desert at 29 Palms and ended on the coast at Morro Bay.
    We arrived home yesterday and my chickies came running, oh they have gotten SO BIG, especially the blue orpingtons, so I guess you can say that reunion went well also LOL.
    Thankyou again for all your kind words and wishes, they really do mean alot to us. Now off to play with my feathered kids. Yep my nest is complete all is good....

2. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    my daughter goes to Irack this coming Sunday [​IMG]

I am very happy your reuion went well [​IMG]

I share your joy he is home [​IMG]

3. Bandobrown

Bandobrown Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2007
    Littleton, CO
    Congrats on his homecoming! My niece's husband just got back last night; not from Iraq this time (he's done 2 tours), but still great to have him back. They're in Littleton Colorado.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congratulations! I know how much this meant to you.

5. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    We are so glad he is home safely!!! Many prayers were answered! Thanks be to God!!

Lisa

6. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    That is wonderful!!! So glad your son made it home safe and sound!!! Aren't family reunions wonderful!!!
    Tes

7. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    I am so happy for you.
    I think about all our young people over there everyday.
    My Son will be going over soon for 15 months.
    Thats a big chunk of someones life, when they have young children. His 2nd baby
    will be 3 months old when he leaves and it breaks my heart that he will forget his Dad.
    The oldest child is a Daddys boy and it will be extremely hard on him.
    Lydia Webbs son just went over And I know she is very sad over it.
    The Young Man My daughter is engaged to just went over he hopes it is only for 9 months.
    Christen Started a Picturetrail it gives her something to do. So she added all three young men.

http://www.picturetrail.com/homepage/usmcsemperfidelis
    http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/usmcsemperfidelis

Stength/Prayers/Faith

:) :-(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    My prayers are with all who have loved ones serving in Iraq. I will pray for those you have mentioned in this post. My son returned from Iraq just prior to Christmas. Praise the Lord. While he was there I found comfort in Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon formed against you shall prosper". I put it in all of my e-mails and every time we I.M.'d or spoke. God is good and fulfills His promises. My son was blown up twice and had numerous explosive devices hit him or near him and he was unharmed. Thanks be to God.

9. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm so glad he's home with you. I'm so proud of all the young women and men over there. I'm a former woman marine and though i don't totally believe in everything we are fighting for over there, i beleive in this country. God bless all our soldiers and your loved ones come home soon and without harm.

10. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    YAY! My son is scheduled to go to Afghanistan sometime in the early winter. He will go to Ft. Drum NY for mountain training.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by