Son needs a young hen: Mille Fleur d'Uccle

CzyChikenMath

Songster
Jun 2, 2017
Hammonton, NJ
Long line of losses for my son in the last few years. This was his last pet. I'm in South Jersey. He knew about the other people and pets, ...I'd really rather try to sneak this one by....looking for a pullet 1-2 yr booted (not bearded) (hard with feather pattern but hoping similar age might have similar white amount). Please let me know if you can part with one. This photo was "Sun" in April of this year about 1 year old. She had much more white by now.
sun2018.04.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider if you can!

I don't think you can sneak in a chicken and Son will not notice it is a different one.... :idunno Of course I don't know your complete situation.
I'm Not Dr. Phil, but my suggestion would be to Talk to Son In a Loving way and Explain that Chicken went to the Rainbow Bridge, and will wait for him there. Meanwhile, here is a FRIEND to keep you company thru Sad Times. At that point you can get the easiest chicken you can come across.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

I don't think you can sneak in a chicken and Son will not notice it is a different one.... :idunno Of course I don't know your complete situation.
I'm Not Dr. Phil, but my suggestion would be to Talk to Son In a Loving way and Explain that Chicken went to the Rainbow Bridge, and will wait for him there. Meanwhile, here is a FRIEND to keep you company thru Sad Times. At that point you can get the easiest chicken you can come across.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
Hello. For a caveman you certainly are funny and also have tact. Thank you. We have hundreds of chickens (poultry farm.. not bantams except silkies which he doesn't take to). Lol. Yes he'd probably notice the difference just without going into more, it would still even now make things easier. Thank you kindly :)

Long line of losses for my son in the last few years. This was his last pet. I'm in South Jersey. He knew about the other people and pets, ...I'd really rather try to sneak this one by....looking for a pullet 1-2 yr booted (not bearded) (hard with feather pattern but hoping similar age might have similar white amount). Please let me know if you can part with one. This photo was "Sun" in April of this year about 1 year old. She had much more white by now.View attachment 1568531
Thank you for taking the time to read and consider if you can!
Did you ever find a new Sun for your son?
If not, I can offer an alternative, if you're interested. I have a pair of Porcelain D'uccles (same pretty, feathered feet, softer coloring.) They're still very young; the pullet has only just now started laying. The cockerel is very good with people and his "Lady Fair" - and he chats constantly - very sweet! Both took ribbons at the Cecil County Fair. He was third third in the feather-footed cockerel class. She took 6th FF pullet in a VERY large class!
I am in north-eastern Maryland (close to the De/MD/PA corner. I could meet you ...

That was so sweet of you to offer. Thank you. And I guess we're really not that far from each other because I'm there at Atlantic City and of course the ferry from Cape May. We do have a porcelain Roo, a self blue d'uccle roo and even a Mille d'fluer Cockerel now. None of them are the quality of show winners but that doesn't matter my son. He's gotten closer to them. I still would like very much to get another in the future. But we actually run a small family Poultry Farm, and we've been trying to downsize. So it's been hectic, and emotional, and so when we're ready to concentrate on our pets again we will look. That was very kind of you to contact us. Thank you so much! And congratulations on your winners

We're not really big into showing, either. My daughter shows her Nankin bantams, but that's more just to get the breed out there and noticed than to win shows. She took the D-Uccles along this summer on a whim - and they did really well. We're downsizing, too, which is why we're looking for a good home for these two youngsters. If you know anyone who might be interested, I'm sure we could work something out.

We're not really big into showing, either. My daughter shows her Nankin bantams, but that's more just to get the breed out there and noticed than to win shows. She took the D-Uccles along this summer on a whim - and they did really well. We're downsizing, too, which is why we're looking for a good home for these two youngsters. If you know anyone who might be interested, I'm sure we could work something out.
Wait, you have young female Mille Fleur D'Uccles for sale??
I need them :oops: I just lost my breeding adults last wednesday and have a male I'm bringing up.

Back
Top Bottom