Sonething I observed with Roosters

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TheTwoRoos, May 12, 2016.

1. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    I noticed that when ever roosters fight and they are in large flocks,other roosters or hens stand around watching it all play out.

About 3 months ago my cockerals got in a fight.My oldest rooster stood around cackling like its some alarm that the boys were changing things up.He got in the mist of all of it.He crowed pretty for sure he was trying to cool them down (They were killing each other ).
    The hens didnt care so much and were sure to stay out of it all.But,they all knew what was happening.

Seem like wiser older roosters always come and take
    care of business.

I was watching videos of other roosters and hens watching big fights play out and begin cackling about it all,almost as if they were cheering.Sounds like they are just letting everyone know things are changing,what do you guys think?

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  2. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    I think you shouldn't stand around watching them kill each other, cock fighting is illegal.

3. TheTwoRoos

Sep 25, 2015
    I hadnt known they werw killing each other I had just thought it was some normal change in the pecking order.I would never fight my boys or girls thats animal crulety.

4. TheTwoRoos

Sep 25, 2015
    I found out later on in the day they were trying to kill eachother.

5. TheTwoRoos

Sep 25, 2015
    And im not sure if were suppose to be disciscussing those terms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by