Song lyrics gone wrong...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LarryPQ, Oct 15, 2009.

1. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Good morning!

So I have a very nice friend that many years ago dated my DH, but then married his BFF. As a result of this, I tells me things about her he shouldn't...like as a teenager she used to think the lyrics of AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" were

"Thirty theives and the Thunder Chief!!!"

I can totally see her during her "alternative" phase, head shaved, thinking she is all cool and rocking out to "THIR-TY THEIVES and the THUN-DER CHEIF!!!!"

DH swore me to secrecy, knowing she would WHUP him if she found out he told....but every time I see her or talk to her I end up singing AC/DC for a day or two. Sometimes the right lyrics, sometimes the wrong ones....

Anyone else have some good lyrics gone wrong?

Please keep it rated-PG/appropriate for BYC.

2. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    YES BUT MINE IS MY FAV FROM OUR DS....
    (I CAN'T REMEMBER OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD WHO SINGS IT NOW OF COURSE)
    'AHWHOOOOOO WAREWOLVES OF LONDON'
    AND HE SAYS -
    'AHWHOOOOOO WAREWOLVES ARE COMIN'

I KNOW IT'S NOT AS DRAMATIC AS SOME BUT WHEN HE WAS 4 AND SINGING IT, IT WAS SO GREAT! [​IMG]

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    You mean it's NOT Thirty thieves and the Thunder chief?????

So much for my war dance.

When we were little, we sang and danced Cher's Half-Breed, only we sand "Carefree". Half-breed wasn't in my vocabulary.

If I'm singing current tunes incorrectly, I don't know about it...
    Which means I probably am! [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The most famous lyrical blunder comes from people singing Jimi Hendrix: "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" the lyric is: Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

5. Eggs4Sale

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:Seriously??? The sky??? That makes no sense. Now I'm re-thinking my Woodstock stint.

6. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

My husband sings Steely Dan's song "Are you reeling in the years?" wrong. He sings it" are you really in the east, are you really in the west?"

7. Eggs4Sale

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:So what are the right lyrics???

8. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Bad Moon Rising

Instead of "there's a bad moon on the rise", I was singing "there's a bathroom on the right".

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Seriously??? The sky??? That makes no sense. Now I'm re-thinking my Woodstock stint.

Yes seriously, and Hendrix was a heroin addict, why would he makes sense??? [​IMG]

10. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:So what are the right lyrics???

You do not want to ask me that! Once I start singing a song, I will sing it off and on all day-which is what I am now doing.
    Are you reeling in the years, stowing away the time. Are you gathering up the tears, have you had enough of mine. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by