Sonofagun blasted PULLET

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Morgan7782, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    This little girl is two clucks away from becoming Christmas Dinner. Or at least an entree..

I have a 26ish week old Blue Wyandotte pullet (I am sure she is a she, no rooster behavior or looks) who is a royal one. On and off. It's like she has split personalities. Well today I went to pet her and she pecked at me, not too big a deal. Well THEN she reared back and used her little feet to fly at my hand with some sort of Chicken Kung Fu! Boy I took a swat at her but of course she darted away. She isn't laying yet, and I am hoping once she lays her attitude will change (my other girls did) but she is walking on thin ice at the moment lol.

No harm here, but it did surprise me, she also did the same move to a fellow Wyandotte pullet who is so sweeeeet, a few days ago. Little butthead lol.

Anybody else have bratty hens/pullets?

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Do you have a picture?

The only pullets/hens that have gotten feisty with me were those who were broody. You could have a rooster.

3. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Mine are only bratty when they are broody. Some are worse than others. One of my blue hens is currently broody and she doesn't just peck she bites! [​IMG]

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    She is 28 weeks old, no crowing, no mounting or rooish behavior. Here are some pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Could it be her hormones raging if she is getting ready to lay?

6. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    she's gorgeous.

7. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    LOL I hope not! But really maybe that is it..! I thought they got really sweet when they were going to lay, my brahma did.. I won't really make her into christmas dinner but I hope she eases up a little bit heh

Sometimes she is REALLY sweet and jumps in my lap. Jekyll and Hyde? LOL Luckily she has stopped bullying my easter egger, but the way she came at me was so funny and surprising because here I am like a thousand times her size.. LOL brave huh? If she becomes broody she will be a protective mom I bet hehe

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  8. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I have a SLW pullet that is a bit of a brat. She is at the top of the pecking order and when I go to give them their treats in the afternoon, she wants me to hand feed her some and won't let anyone else eat out of my hand. She has pecked at my hand on occasion when I have "repremanded" her for being such a brat. She has never pulled any funky chicken kung-foo on me though. [​IMG]
    ETA - didn't see the pics before, now I want some blue wyandottes! Thanks [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  9. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    LOL....How could that sweet face treat you so mean? [​IMG] She looks so innocent! She is a beauty!

10. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    She is pretty. I have blue Wyandottes too. Got some roos on the mix. Big boy crowed yesterday. They just turned 7weeks.
    Mischief is the meanie in my group.
    Can't figure out how to post pic from my cell phone.
    Well if she lays n egg then she is a keeper. If not, then you may have to decide if it is worth it to keep a mean unproductive hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by