Sons dog sick???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by plester01, Sep 5, 2007.

1. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    My sons dog is sick and he thinks that his roomate had hit her in some way. He took her to the vet and the vet confirmed that she had either been kicked, hit, or injured in some way by brute force. He thinks that she will be okay and gave him some medicine to give her. But the vet can not explain at this point why she threw up some blood last night. She is doing better since the vet gave her a shot.

But what can my son do to make sure that the roomate did not hurt her and will not hurt her anymore?

He can not afford to move out and his dad will let him move in with him, but without the dog. I will let him move in with me but my landlord wont let me have a dog.

Any ideas?????

2. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    How long til he graduates or can move into his own home?? Maybe he can get someone to keep the dog until he can get a home of his own.. he definitely needs to get the dog away from his room mate even if it means finding it another home all together..

3. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Does he have any idea why the roommate would do such a thing to his dog. Has he asked if the dog has done something to upset the roommate. Maybe if they talk about it, a solution can be reached. If not maybe the roommate needs to hit the road and your son can look for another person to live there who is kind and reasonable. IMO nothing the dog might have done makes it deserving of being kicked and injured.

4. plester01

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    I agree. He just called me and his roomate just kicked him out. He is giving him until this weekend to get out. That just proves to me that he is guilty. The problem is is that his dad wont let him live with him with the dog and I doubt that my landlord will let me have the dog over here, much less let my son live here. When we moved in here we had to sign a lease saying only 2 adults and one child will live here. My son is not currently in school he is 22 years old.

5. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Does he have a good relationship with his Dad? Maybe he can talk to him and explain how bad the situation really is and would he make an exception. Maybe with the understanding that your son is responsible for the dog and will make every effort to keep her from causing any problems at Dad's house. Since your son is not in school, is he working? Living with Dad may only be a temporary thing until your son can save the money to get his own place and/or find another person to room with.

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Can he find a way to board the dog at a kennel for a couple weeks until he finds a new place to live?

7. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Can he ring the spca, and arrange temp accomm on the basis of the dog being a victim of cruelty.
    In Australia they help out in times like this.
    I really hope he succeeds.
    Poor little dog, why do people do such horrible things, they wont go to heaven!!!!

8. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    This gave me a stomach-ache. All I could think of is that poor dog being alone with this backsidehole and him mistreating it to the point that it needed hospitalization. Throwing up blood sounds to me like maybe an internal injury but hopfully it was not severe. Makes me sick to my stomach and I do hope that roomates time comes around real soon.
    I hope the poor dog will be ok.[​IMG]
    There are people that will foster dogs in situations like your son is in. Maybe he can contact the Animal Rescue or local SPCA for some help and guidance. I am glad he is getting out of there and finds something better for both him and his dog.

9. plester01

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    Well my son moved back in with me and the dog is here. She is doing much better still not quite right yet. The problem now is she can not stay here. If my landlord finds out we will be kicked out. Does anyone know of someone here is Georgia that can take her? The local shelter said they would take her but that they could not guarantee that she will not be put down if they cant find her a home. Does anyone here want a sweet boston terrier mix? She is spayed, she weighs only 35 pounds and she is only 2 years old. I got her when she was only 6 weeks old. All she knows is me, my son and my family. She is a great dog but we just can not keep her any longer. She has to be gone by 12:00 noon tommorrow. (Friday)

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

No, What if you can offer to supply her feed at the shelter, dont they realise that she is a victim?
    You dont want to rehome her do you? a foster carer would be good, try advertising in the paper and say what happened in the ad and ask for a foster carer with food supplied by your son, until he finds a new place.
    I really hope you3 get through this with a good outcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by