Soon to be chicken parents

JohnBinTN

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2018
Hello everyone!

We are John and Christina from Munford, TN. We've talked about getting chickens for a LONG time, but never pulled the trigger. We just got back from a family visit trip to Wisconsin, and one of my (John) brothers had got 4 chickens about 6 weeks ago and was in the process of constructing their coop and run. My wife, son, his girlfriend (and myself, to be honest) liked them a lot, so we decided to take the chicken plunge. We now have 10 chicks on order that will arrive in early August. I am now in the process of building a coop and run and am full of questions.

I look forward to meeting everyone here, and hope to learn lots!

Welcome Cool.gif

That is great!

Did you get your coop plans from the coop section of the learning center?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/chicken-coops.12/

Welcome! What kind of chickens are you getting?

We ordered the following (one of each): White Plymouth Rock, Partridge Cochin, Buff Laced Polish, Silver Cuckoo Marins, Dark Cornish, Australorpe, Bard Plymouth Rock, Buff Brahma, Buff Orpington, and one mystery chicken. We ordered them from MyPetChicken.

Hopefully they will mix well. I just wanted one black and one white regular chicken. The rest of the family opted for fancier chickens. We opted to have them vaccinated. Very excited to get them all!

Welcome! Chickens are fun, and we hope you enjoy your new flock. Pictures of your coop design?
Mary
Mary,

Pictures of where I am in the construction phase are posted in the coop design forum. Building it as I go, asking questions when I need help. I like anything I make to be unique. :) Looking for suggestions at this point. I won't start framing until Thursday, so if you got anything to suggest, please do!

Back
Top Bottom