We are relatively new to BYC but this has been a tremendous help in our recent adventure. We posted about our incubator that we built using a few ideas from here and our own tinkering skills and our coop is almost ready and based closely on another coop I saw on here. So on to the real story. We ordered 8 Amaraucana eggs and 8 Silkies off of Ebay so we were pessemistic about hatch rates from the start but we gave it a go anyway. We were too busy at the time for a 4 hour round trip to find local eggs so we ordered at the time. I will pick up local eggs if we do this again. The day 18 candling showed 3 chicks moving and 2 eggs fully developed (compared to the moving ones) and there was 2 more we couldn't tell about so we have 7 in lockdown. This whole thing has been a learning point and a lot of fun. Day 21 is not until tomorrow but alas, there are two cracked shells in the incubator. I have read on other threads that people like to follow along with the hatchings so here you go. Here is the first pip of our first clutch of eggs. I will try to stay up on events as they happen.