SOOO Aggravating!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Aug 6, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

So I come home tonight, and first off the back garage door is open along with the roll-up. Ok, the dog is still here, but I am already irritated. So I look out to the coop and Ken's nephew's friends kids are in the coop, UNSUPERVISED, and there are broody birds in there. So where do I find them??? In the hen house trying to scare the broodies off the eggs so they can collect them. Thankfully I got there in time, but WHAT were they thinking!!??!!??

Then the kids follow me into the house, and I am really boiling, and they start peppering me with questions. I was ready to freakin blow my stack. I know this is not their fault, so I calmly answer their questions and come rant and rave to you people. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Um, why rant at us, who was responsible for their supervision???? Go rant at THEM!!! [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Um, why rant at us, who was responsible for their supervision???? Go rant at THEM!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Because you buncha nuts understand.

4. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    I hate it when kids will just walk into my coop and they don't know how to behave! [​IMG] I know how you feel! [​IMG]

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Me thinks you guys should invest in padlocks......

6. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Put up a sign, "KEEP OUT! Vicious killer, attack chickens. Make no sudden moves and back away slowly."

If that doesn't work, put in a yellow jacket nest.

7. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    Good idea! My cousins and freinds come here a lot and they practicly mess up the whole coop. I wouldn't give them the key, but my sister, (who is 9 years old,) would let them in. [​IMG]

8. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    |I think the kids were thinking about colleting eggs, did they know what a broody is?

9. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    I went to the feed store this spring and there were two young boys with their hands in the quail brooder making them run all over the place. There were a huge number of chicks in the corners piling up on each other and quite a few with splay leg in there as well. Not sure if they caused any of the splay leg, these were day olds. Their parents were just standing there watching this. I politely told the boys parents they should not be in the brooder stressing the day old chicks. The parents looked at me with this smug look and did nothing. So I went a little Biker on them. I have long hair, tattoos, a couple piercings, basically burly and I ride. I said "look, either you get them out or I will." You know, those two moved a lot faster than I thought they could. Grabbed the boys and headed for the door. After all...looks are everything....[​IMG] I just don't get some parents. They stood there watching their boys pretty much kill a number of chicks. BTW-It was a very busy day there at the feed store and those working there were a bit overwhelmed and didn't see this going on.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Good for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by