Sooo envious of you guys with cold weather....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by treldib, Jan 17, 2011.

1. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    In 2010 the temp never got below 50° F here and so far all of 2011 has been hot weather. Its currently 88.7° F...in the middle of winter. Darn SoCal! [​IMG] I'm so jealous of all of your snow pics! [​IMG]

2. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Just be glad that you don't have mushy snow constantly tracked into your house from boots and the cold wind numbing your hands as you try to feed and water everything, and breaking ice off buckets and stock tanks and having to water everything out of a stock tank because the faucets are froze, and be glad that you can go out and enjoy your ducks and not be shivering in your boots or be glad that your pipes inside your house aren't froze and you get cold and hot water around the clock and also be glad that you can get up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water without taking your 3 blankets with you. Just thought i would put it a different way so you wouldn't feel so bad. [​IMG] Does kinda suck to have no snow though.[​IMG]

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Im jealous of your warm weather. [​IMG] Its like 14 here now. Freezing cold!!

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Yep, 86 at my home. It won't stay that way. It began the same way last year, then it was cool almost the whole summer and fall.

5. treldib

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Quote:I miss that.....ahhh Alberta....

6. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It's 34F here today. 28F with the wind chill. And freezing rain tonight. [​IMG] I'll send you some cold weather if you send me some of that warmth. [​IMG]

7. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Quote:WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY????????

I've lived with the frostbitten lips and fingers, I've driven and spun out on black ice, I've fallen into a 6 foot snowbank and gotten lost (as a child), I've marveled at the corrosion salt inflicts on cars, I've struggled with malfunctioning heaters and power outages due to ice on the lines, I've slogged through dirty melting snow to get groceries, I've smelled wet boots drying in the kitchen, I've endured 'hat hair' all day because you can't go out without bundling your head like a mummy, and I've dealt with colds and flu that last all winter.

No thanks. Snow is only pretty in photos. I moved to Florida.

8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:I would like to live where you live!!!

Weatherman saying some ice and snow is coming late today/tomorrow morning and the snow we got about a week ago is still everywhere [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Heres a picture [​IMG]

9. treldib

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    In response.....in the hot weather, everything gets dirtier and dustier, and duck poo smells worse. Also, It miserable to go outside, your AC has to work overtime and almost always fails. All the Cooper's Hawks are out on patrol more often. You contantly have to make sure the chickens have water and that the pond pump isn't overheating. These are some of the problems we have in like 3 of the 4 seasons....and we're experiencing all this now...in winter! Just wait until its 115° in the Summer!

10. treldib

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Quote:Deal!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by