Sooo many questions soooo little time

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Battery Gal, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Battery Gal

Battery Gal New Egg

Sep 27, 2016
    [​IMG]. Just one of my 4 lovely ladies. I'm Marcie from Salt Lake City Utah. I have one Leg Horn, one RIR and 2 Delaware. They are all about a year old for some reason the Leg Horn is the only one that has ever laid eggs. She is giving me one a day. I can't figure out the issue with the other 3. Glad to have found this site v

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Marcie and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I'm no expert, but the bird in your photo looks younger than 1 year old [​IMG]. Hopefully other greeters will be able to help you out with your non-layers. If not, then you can post your question on the "Chicken behaviours and egg laying" forum.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Battery Gal, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community. CTKen gave you some great advice so I'll just sY good luck and best wishes! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Are you certain the others are pullets? You can post photos(and age) at "what breed or gender is this."

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

I agree with CTKen... that bird doesn't look more than 14 or 16 weeks of age.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there! My mom was just out in Salt Lake city for the doTERRA global convention! Welcome to Backyard chickens and good luck trouble shooting the problem!

8. Battery Gal

Battery Gal New Egg

Sep 27, 2016
    I love Doterra and SLC I hope your mom enjoyed it too

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Awesome! Were you at the convention? I love it to. I am going to it next year. CAN NOT WAIT!!! I have a whole year though. :fl

10. Battery Gal

Battery Gal New Egg

Sep 27, 2016
    No I wasn't i just buy it and use it. I put a few drops of the oregano in my chickens water. Have you ever tried that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by