**Sooo proud of my girls!!**

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Tripp16, May 28, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Well tonight was the night, I took you guys advice and bought the deer netting and put it on top of the run and on the sides of the house!![​IMG] So tonight was the night that I was determined not to put them up in the coop myself. So I went to a family get together and when I came back it was dark, I took a flashlight out to the pen hoping they were in there coop roosted on their own.[​IMG] What do you know all 7 of them on there roost asleep!![​IMG] Thank goodness!

Thanks for all the advice everyone! [​IMG]

2. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    I am personally jealous. I have finally gotten most of the new babies to go in. All but 5 renegades! Today a couple were looking up the ramp at least but the other 3 were already tucked in under the house in their usual place. Slop through mud and pick up muddy feather balls and put in coop. Again -"remember, you are supposed to do this yourselves!" Going on 3 weeks now. Soon...

3. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Ahh, Im sorry I hope it goes better for you.[​IMG] I had no idea how long it would take for them to learn but I have only had them 2 days and they already walk up and down with now problem. [​IMG]I just kept putting them in at night, eventually they got the routine! [​IMG]

Good luck!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by