Soooo Mad! Silkie roo got killed!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by joe17, May 22, 2011.

1. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    I am sooo furious right now!!!!!! My main silkie breeding rooster just got killed by my spare one. I have a run attached to my coop with a little door and my spare rooster must have opened that small door open and attacked my good rooster!!!! Ughhh Here is a picture of my favorite (now dead!) rooster and you will understand why I am sooo mad!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

are you positive he was killed by your other rooster and not something else? I have had silkie roosters fight before, usually only when I reintroduce them after breeding season, but never have they killed another roo.

3. joe17

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    I am pretty much 99% positive because my spare roo killed the other one. It got in my coop before and the other one just hid in a corner while he was getting attacked. This time I didnt catch them in time... I almost killed my spare roo!!!!!! I could have broke his neck quick!!!!!

4. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    I've never had a silkie roo kill another. I did sell one and the owner said he was killed by another silkie roo. This was within 2 days of his new home, so I contribute stress and heatwave we had.

Are they related? Just wonder if they were father and son you could breed the little devil and maybe hatch some blacks with a less aggressive personality. (Then sell little devil)

So sorry this happened.

5. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    it is terrible when our chicks get attached from predators, but one of the other boys? that is just awful.
    sorry

6. paramedic07

paramedic07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Bergman, AR
    you can have my white silkie roo. i hate him.

7. luvinrunnin

luvinrunnin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    Wow, he was beautiful! So sorry you lost him. [​IMG]

8. joe17

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Yeah they are brothers! Raised together for months... The one that died was very gentle and was pretty much a little hen. My spare roo was VERY mean to others and sometimes me! Here is a picture of the murderer!

[​IMG]

I know yall understand how mad and sad I am right now... My family has no clue! He didnt have many flaws and was the sweetest thing! I cant get my hand on my spare rooster yet because I know I would kill him quick. Too bad I need him. Hes my last black rooster left. Ughh its always the best roosters you have that die. I didnt think that he would be so mean to kill another silkie but the one that died was huddled in the corner with his head between his legs poor thing.... I could cry thinking about it!

9. joe17

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Oh and thanks everyone! I know you can all relate a bit! I just about want to quit breeding these silkies now that my main rooster is gone. May cull down and keep a few of the really good hens to keep as pets now. [​IMG]

10. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    I'm so sorry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by