1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Soooo proud of The Boys!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Oct 14, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We had to leave the house at 4 AM yesterday and be gone for 10 hours. My "babysitter" sent me a message at 1 AM that she wouldn't be coming up to take care of the critters.

I didn't want to nor would I leave Jax and Kane in their crates for that long a time and we couldn't leave them in the yard; both can jump a 5 ft. fence when they have a mind to. I was afraid that the sight of cows moseying around where they shouldn't would give Jax a mind to.

We left them loose in the house only closing off the bathroom; i.e., access to the "kitty crunchy box". We also left the brooder with two chicks where it normally is in the living room.

The boys didn't mess in the house, touch a single thing they weren't supposed to and didn't bother the chicks at all.

I have the world's best dogs. [​IMG]

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Awesome. [​IMG]

I don't know that I could do that with Cricket. Last time I left him alone unsupervised and uncrated in the house he ate rat poison. [​IMG] That was a fun vet visit.

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Singe has been loose in the house since 4 months old. I would be afraid to leave him alone for too long, though. I'm afraid he would re-arrange the furniture or something.

5. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    My boys are all well behaved. They never get into anything. I'm convinced they sleep allllllllllllllllll day.
    My new Great Pyrenees however...she likes getting into everything and making stinkies in the house.
    It's been fun.....but today she got quite a few "Bad dogs" and finger pointies...which really hurts her feelings.
    I make sure to over praise her when she does something good though. >_<

I'm glad your boys were so good for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by