Sooooo Frustrated

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Noncentzter, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    I have Mareks in my flock. The birds that I've hatched myself have all died because I didn't vaccinate for Mareks, not knowing that I had it. My hatchery birds have been ok...until tonight. One of my buff orpington girls died today. She was fine this morning although appeared tired, but dead (and stiff) tonight when I checked on the girls. No symptoms, just dead.

I had a wonderful hatch in June, 28 babies, and so far four have died and another two may.

I've only had chickens since March of this year and I'm almost ready to give up. So frustrated with this whole thing. Chickens weren't sposed to be so fragile!

Thanks for letting me vent!

john

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Sorry John for your losses, it seems it's always something. I wish you the best.

3. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Very sorry for your losses. It's a cautionary tale for those of us new to chickens, and I thank you for sharing.

4. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I never knew how much knowledge it takes to have heathly chickens. I too have my share of problems. I am so sorry for your loss,keep trying!

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by